The activities of this pillar focus on increasing and expanding the excellence of the scientific base of the European Union and consolidating the European Research Area in order to make the research and innovation system of the EU more competitive on a global level.
- The European Research Council (ERC) will provide attractive and flexible funding to allow talented and creative researchers and their teams to pursue the most promising venues in scientific boundaries.
- Future and emerging technologies will support collaborative research in order to extent Europe’s capacity. It will facilitate the collaboration between disciplines over radical new and high risk ideas and accelerate the development of the most promising emerging areas of science and technology.
- The Marie Sklodowska-Curie actions provide research training as well as attractive career and knowledge sharing opportunities via the mobility of researchers across different sectors in order to better prepare and address existing and future societal challenges.
- Research infrastructures (including e-infrastructures) will develop the European research infrastructure from 2020 on, strengthen its potential of innovation and the human capital and complement it by the EU policies related to international cooperation.
- Those objectives form a set of activities which, together with what is carried out at a national and regional level, will cover the broad range of European needs concerning advanced science and technology. Grouping them together in a single program will allow operating with a more coherence, in a more rationalized and simplified way.
The activities are directed to the future, skills development in the long term, focusing on the next generation of science, technology, researchers and innovations and the support of new talents from all European countries and associated countries as well as from all over the world.
- European Research Council
- Future and Emerging Technologies
- Actions Marie Sklodowska-Curie
- Infrastructures of European Research, including e-infrastructures
- Scholarship opportunities
The Marie Sklodowska-Curie actions aim to improve the creative and innovative potential of experienced researchers, offering them the opportunity to do research in a European context or outside of Europe.
For more details please click here: Eligibility+criteria+IF+2016+EN